Touch-and-Go Power Snatch
Every Other Minute on the Minute x 14 (8 sets):
At Minutes 0, 2: 7 Touch-and-Go Power Snatches
At Minutes 4, 6: 5 Touch-and-Go Power Snatches
At Minutes 8, 10: 3 Touch-and-Go Power Snatches
At Minutes 12, 14: 7 Touch-and-Go Power Snatches
Each set should be heavy for the rep range. These should be true touch-and-go without the need for the barbell to be resting in the hang on the way down. If you’re newer to the lift, then focus more on maintaining good positions and a close bar path than on hanging on to the bar, and do sets of quick bailed singles as needed.
This is a repeat of exposure 4 from this cycle.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 7 of 8
Dumbbell Deadlifts 50/35
Dumbbell Thrusters 50/35
Post time and Rx to comments.
Evidence that there was a time not so long ago when it wasn’t below freezing on Degraw Street. We’re open today and mostly running on a normal schedule. Any cancellations will be listed in the News and Notes section below!
THE LOOK, FEEL, PERFORM BETTER CHALLENGE CHECKLIST!
The Look, Feel Perform Better Challenge started Monday, but there’s still time to sign up! By participating in the Challenge, you’ll get daily accountability alongside fellow CFSBKers and the support of the coaching staff. Learn how to make nutrition work for you, and maybe also get some abs in time for beach season. Whether you’ve already signed up or plan to sign up, be sure to complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Sign up for payment ($30 per month for the three-month program) at the front desk or in the online store.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2018 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Test WOD (today!) and record your results.
- Enter points earned daily on the spreadsheet to track how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by 3/28/18 at the end of the challenge.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions on Sundays at 1pm in the Annex at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture followed by a Q&A. (1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, and 3/18).
Save the date for the CFSBK Community Potluck on February 3rd! This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the LFPB Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together.
News and Notes
- Hey, so we’re very close to 5,000 likes on Facebook and 6,000 followers on Instagram. Smash that like button to help your favorite gym!
- Missing something? Check out the goods from our latest lost and found dump, and be sure to claim your items before we donate them to CHIPS.
- This afternoon’s CrossFit Teens class is cancelled.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Back Squat | Burpee Box Jumps, Bar Muscle-Ups
The Super Bowl of Japanese Wrestling Is Worth Losing Sleep to Watch The Outline
Unfiltered Fervor: The Rush to Get Off the Water Grid NY Times