The kids are alright! Check out this latest Inside CrossFit South Brooklyn video on our amazing kids programs, and find out how we instill a love of movement in our youngest CFSBKers…
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Want to learn more about our upcoming Look Feel Perform Better Challenge? You’re invited to an Info Session and Q&A on Sunday, December 17th at 12pm (right after Active Recovery) in the Annex. Coach Fox will further outline the Challenge and answer any questions you might have. See the LFPB Challenge event page for more details and to learn how you can participate!
2. CFSBK has grown a lot over the past few years. How do we manage some of our larger classes? Check out this preview of Part 5 of CrossFit Journal’s series on our Group Class Expectations. And don’t forget to poke around Inside the Affiliate, our business blog, for more insights on what makes the gym go!
3. Front desker Jamal A.’s theater company is raising money for Sheila, a play he’s directing in the New Year. You can follow this link to see a video about the play, learn more about our company, and to see how you can contribute to breathing life into Sheila.
4. Be sure to reserve your 2018 Dogs of CFSBK Calendar! All proceeds go to PupStarz Rescue, a foster rescue started by our own Robyn O’Brien. Both the desk calendar and wall calendar are available for a sliding scale cash donation of $30-60 or more. See this post for order info!
5. Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle this Sunday starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering. Get ready for some massive PRs!
6. Missing something? Treasures from our latest lost and found clean out can be seen here. Please claim your stuff at the front desk before we donate it to CHIPs in a couple of weeks!
7. This Saturday’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Power Snatch | Bar Muscle-Ups, Thrusters
A Three Faceted Approach to Optimal Alignment Breaking Muscle
Overcoming Us vs. Them Nautilus