Jim A. hits the deck in this great photo by Kate R. You can see more of Kate’s photos from last Friday’s Open Gym here!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Some intrepid CFSBKers are headed to the USAW Crow Hill Open this weekend. Francine D., Morit S., Katie H., Jacob M., Alex B., and Coach Arturo will be competing in this Olympic lifting meet. Francine, Alex, Katie, and Arturo are shooting to qualify for the National Masters Weightlifting Competition, and this is Morit and Jacob’s first meet! The men will lift on Saturday, and the women will lift on Sunday. Show some love in the comments, or better yet, head over to Crow Hill and cheer them on!
2. Our new programming cycle started this week! See Monday’s post to find out what you can expect for the next 8 weeks.
3. On Sunday, July 16th, CFSBK will again host a Bulletproof Assessment Workshop. At a Bulletproof Workshop, Active Life doctors and coaches take you through the Athlete’s Hierarchy of Needs to identify flexibility, mobility, and strength balance limitations that can lead to injury or are currently limiting your performance. Go here for more info and to sign up!
4. On Friday, July 21st at 8pm (after Open Gym), CFSBK Movie Night returns. And we want you to help us pick the movie! Head on over to the event page to vote.
5. Want to give your kids some fun and fitness (and yourself the night off)? Sign your kids up for our Kids Club Night on Saturday, August 12th! Your kid will engage in fun movement activities and games, eat pizza, and watch a movie. See Wednesday’s post for details.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch Complex | Run, Snatches
The 20,000 Calorie Strongman Diet Munchies
Bring on the Exercise, Hold the Painkillers NY Times