Every 90 seconds for 10 rounds:
Snatch High Pull + Low-Hang (from 1″) Snatch High Pull + Low Hang (from 1″) Snatch + Overhead Squat
Stay tight, maintain back angle, and shift your weight back (just behind mid-foot) on the start of the High Pull. Perform the Low-Hang Snatch High Pull from 1″ off the floor, then return to 1″ off the floor for a Snatch. Don’t pull the bar crazy high on the High Pull. Anywhere above naval height is plenty high, and remember the arms perform their job after the legs have accelerated the bar upward. The goal is to not have to move your feet to adjust for the Overhead Squat.
Post loads to comments.
Perform a 270m run after each set of deadlifts.
Post time and Rx to comments.
CFSBKers have raised over $1300 for K9s for Warriors so far. Let’s keep it going, gang!
8 Things You Need to Know About Murph Day 2017
1. Murph Day is TOMORROW! This is one of our biggest and best community events of the year, when we perform the classic CrossFit Hero WOD “Murph” followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. Because we’ll be running heats from 8am to 1pm, all other classes are cancelled. If you’ve been on the fence, there’s still time to get in on the fun. Sign up here!
2. CFSBK and many other affiliates do “Murph” on Memorial Day in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. If you’d like to learn more about Michael Murphy and where this workout comes from, this is a great place to start.
3. What is “Murph”? How should you approach it? All of the answers are in a recent post, in which Coach Fox lays out some scaling options.
4. Since there’s no charge for this workout (the class won’t be deducted from your weekly limit), we suggest that you make a $20 donation to K9s for Warriors in lieu of class payment. So far we’ve raised $1340. Go HERE to support this terrific cause.
5. CFSBK will provide one keg, burgers, and sausges, but please feel free to BYOB and more delicious foods, especially side dishes! Leave a comment on the event page to let us know what you’re bringing!
6. Shooting to get on the leaderboard for “Murph”? You’ll have to do it in a weighted vest (20/14 lbs), and be sure to let a coach know that you’re going for it before your heat goes off.
7. We’re looking for some volunteers to (wo)man the grill, as well as some folks to help clean up at the end of the day. Please contact our Events Coordinator Danae M. at Danae [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let her know you’re interested.
8. We’re also looking for someone with video experience to volunteer a few hours of their time on the day of the event to record short “thank you” clips from CFSBKers. Let your blog editor know at Josh [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com if you have some skillz to offer.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Back Squat / Front Squat | Thursters, Burpess Over the Bar
Lifting the Bar Off the Floor: Get It Right without Over-Complicating It Catalyst Athletics
The Secret Life of Secrets The New Yorker