Fitness: Snatch 1-1-1-1-1 at 70-85%
Hit five singles between 70 and 85%. Goal is consistency, not a 1RM.
Performance: 1 Halted (knee) Snatch Deadlifts + 1 Paused (knee) Snatch
Work up to a heavier load on this complex than on last week’s complex.
Pause for 3 seconds at the knee on the halted snatch deadlifts before returning to the floor, then pause for 3 seconds at the knee on the paused snatch. Do not return to the floor on the paused snatch, snatch directly from the knee. Also, if you haven’t been doing so, add pressing snatch balances and snatch sots presses to your warm up drills.
Post loads to comments.
AMRAP 10 Minutes:
7 Hang Squat Snatches 95/65
Post rounds and Rx to comments.
Guys, hi! It’s Kate R., your blog’s Managing Editor. I’ve been in Montana working (and playing) the past few weeks for a writing job. I’ve only been to one CrossFit gym and my torn hamstring still isn’t fully healed, but I’ve been keeping up with my benching and pressing progressions each week, doing lots of push-ups and chin-ups, and swimming almost daily.
Back in Brooklyn, I climbed at Brooklyn Boulders a couple times, but tonight I went climbing outdoors for the first time in Kila, Montana and was able to scale a 5.10 on my first try. I’m in the middle of it in the picture above. It was such a cool experience, especially since I almost quit before reaching that ledge that’s above me. I roared a little when I hit the top, and kissed the carabiners. I never would have had the strength to climb that pre-lifting at CFSBK, physically or mentally.
I’m still managing the blog while I’m gone, so please keep sending me links to interesting stuff you’re reading and photos of your adventures, at Katharine [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com. Miss you guys, and see you in a couple weeks!
- We still need judges for CFSBK’s Subway Series event on Sunday! Judges are expected to monitor range-of-motion and reps for each workout. Coach David will do a session to review movement standards and protocol before the event. Please email David [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you’re interested. We promise you’ll have a blast!
- Coach McDowell and Nate P. are playing tonight at 7:30pm at Strong Place in Brooklyn, at 270 Court Street, at Butler. Come watch them play, they’re both insanely talented!
- Happy birthday, Lara P.!
Upcoming Class Cancellations
Due to the final Subway Series event at CFSBK, we are CANCELLING the following classes this Sunday, August 23rd:
- Active Recovery at 11am
- 12pm/1pm group class
- AntiGravity at 2pm
The following classes are CANCELLED next week, as Coach Whit and KH will be trekking through Iceland:
- Pilates on Tuesday, 8/25, and Tuesday, 9/1
- Active Recovery on Thursday, 8/27
- Yoga for Athletes on Saturday, 8/29
Morons, Cheap Beer, and Thinking Too Much: Intelligence and Weightlifting Catalyst Athletics
Why Getting Physically Stronger Will Help You Live Longer io9