Below are our current membership policies. If at any point you require any membership changes (i.e. upgrades/downgrades, cancellations, holds) please contact our front desk staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 718.852.3725.
- All members must sign in at the front desk (FD) prior to any scheduled class, private training session, or special event. All check-ins occur at 597 Degraw Street.
- To speed the check in process, we ask everyone to carry their scan cards. If your scan card is not functioning properly, please request a new one from the FD staff.
- If there are multiple classes going on during the same time slot (e.g., CrossFit group class and Active Recovery), please let FD staff know which class you plan to attend.
- Active Recovery, Open Gym, and Anti-Gravity classes count towards your membership as normal classes, and members must check in accordingly. If you plan to attend back-to-back classes, please let FD know at check in so that attendance counts are accurate.
- Please note that we have a 5 minute grace period for class attendance. Any member arriving over 5 minutes late will only be permitted at the coach’s discretion.
- Membership upgrades can occur at any time. Upgrades requested during the current membership month will be assessed a $15 upgrade fee to offset the difference between membership rates. No fee will be assessed for upgrades requested to begin at the start of the next membership month.
- Membership downgrades will be effective as of the member’s next billing cycle/membership month. Downgrade requests should be made at least 3 days in advance. CFSBK will not provide refunds for late requests.
- CFSBK will honor membership holds/suspensions of one week or more, provided that staff is notified at least 3 days in advance. All requests for membership holds and/or cancellations must be submitted via email to our front desk staff with at least 3 days notice.
- Periods of suspension will extend the member’s current billing cycle by the total number of days absent, resulting in no financial loss for planned timed away.
- Memberships can be placed on hold for up to 3 months. The membership will automatically be reinstated after that unless the member contacts us within 3 days of the next billing cycle.
- Membership cancellations can occur at anytime and for any reason without additional fees. We do request that you provide a reason for cancellation for our tracking purposes.
- While cancellations can occur at any time, members looking to cancel prior to their membership renewal must notify the CFSBK front desk at least 3 days prior the bill due date.
- CFSBK will not provide refunds retroactively for any cancellation requests.
- Deleting your payment information from Zen Planner does not cancel your membership. Membership cancellations are only processed by contacting the Front Desk (email@example.com) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recurring memberships and punch cards cannot be shared or transferred among members.
- With the exception of our CrossFit Kids & Teens programs and personal training sessions, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in CFSBK’s classes.
Dogs and Kids
CFSBK prides itself on being a kid- and dog-friendly gym. In the interest of keeping everyone as safe and focused on their fitness as possible, we’ve updated our policies regarding our favorite tiny humans and creatures. If you have a child or dog, please review these policies.
CFSBK Kids Policies:
- No kids are allowed on the gym floor.
- Kids must be able to sit in the lounge area unattended, which means they are not a distraction to others, and are not a danger to themselves or others.
- Kids should not be in the way of group class (i.e., when a class is running in and out of the gym).
The front desk staff is not responsible for your kids.
- No kids are allowed behind the front desk.
- Please be mindful of your stroller (strollers are not allowed on the gym floor and must be out of the way of classes, except during Diapers & Dumbbells class).
CFSBK Dogs Policies:
- Dogs that bark, whine, jump, or bite are not allowed at the gym.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times and must be tied up out of the way of the entry and classes.
- We reserve the right to ask you to remove a disruptive dog.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding messes and accidents. If your dog defecates or urinates in the gym, we must ask you not to bring it back.
- The front desk staff is not responsible for your dog.
- Dogs are not allowed behind the front desk.
- Dogs are not allowed on the gym floor.
- Dogs are not allowed on the couches/furniture.