Coach KHarpz climbing out of 2016
- Schedule Changes: Tonight's 4:30pm CrossFit Teens and 7:30pm Pilates classes are cancelled. Otherwise, we're running on our normal schedule today! All other schedules changes through January 4th can be found here.
Francine D. on the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge
Over the past few weeks, we've been sharing past Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge participants' experiences to give you a better sense of what it's all about and what kind of results you might be able to expect. Today we're very happy to bring you the impressions of one of last year's winners! Here's how Francine D. responded to Coach Fox's one-year-later follow-up questions...
What was the most positive change you experienced during last years challenge?
The most positive change was my relationship to alcohol. I used to drink wine like a fish and never realized the degree to which it was affecting my performance, sleep, and body composition. I also think my relationship to food overall is now drastically different. I am now able to prioritize performance and general fitness over junk food cravings.
What was the biggest challenge to overcome, and how did you deal with it?
The biggest challenge was learning the difference between hunger and cravings. I followed the Level 2 Eater plan and meal timing to a tee in order to have a rational action plan for addressing stress cravings.
What has been the most lasting change from last year?
Weight loss and body composition transformation—22 lbs lost since the beginning of the Challenge and 16% body fat achieved (after a second cut this fall). I also moved from a daily drinker to person who has an occasional drink.
Will you be participating again this year?
Yep! I'm thinking about maintaining or doing a massing diet alongside a hypertrophy program.
The Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge Checklist
Ready to sign up yet? Complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Buy-in of $30 cash, given to Front Desk staff.
Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2017 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Test WOD and record your results.
- Enter points earned daily on the spreadsheet to track how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by 3/28/17 at the end of the challenge.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions on Sundays at 1pm in the Annex at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture followed by a Q&A. (1/8, 1/22, 2/5, 2/19, 3/5, and 3/19).
Don't forget to save the date for the CFSBK Community Potluck on January 28th. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the LFPB Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together.
Yesterday's Whiteboard: Close-Grip Bench Press | Double-Unders, Squats, C2B Pull-Ups
Kids: Moving Perfectly CrossFit
George Michael Dead at 53 MTV