Come out to the gym at 7pm tonight, when we’ll be hosting a battle of CFSBK’s best during a Gauntlet-Style Friday Night Lights event. There will be two heats, 7:00pm and 7:30pm, during which 2 designated competitors from each of our intramural teams will throw down against each other in an epic battle of strength and conditioning | Photo by Thomas H.
1. On Monday, we announced the new Crossover Symmetry & Healthy Shoulders clinic with Coach Whit. It's already sold out, but stay tuned to the blog for future clinics and other special class offerings.
2. We are now offering another Diapers & Dumbbells class on Fridays at 11am! See the program page for more details.
3. Pierre D. kicked some ass at the the USA Weightlifting National Masters competition. He hit a 90kg Snatch and a 111kg Clean and Jerk for a total of 201kgs, which is a PR. Congrats, Pierre!
5. Yesterday we recapped Week 3 of the CFSBK Open Intramural Team Competition. Some key terms: PEDs, PEZ, Alternative Math, Alternative Reps, bars, Bonds, and spreadsheets. Read the whole recap to find out what it all means!
6. SCHEDULE CHANGE: Strong Fit has been moved to Sundays at 8am for the duration of the Open.
7. The final Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge Info Session and Q&A is this Sunday, March 19th at 12:00pm in the Annex. All participants, no matter where you're at with successes and failures of the challenge, are invited to attend the final meeting of this year's Challenge. We'll talk briefly about what to do after 12 weeks of dieting and what to do next, followed by an open Q&A.
Yesterday's Whiteboard: Tabata Mash-Up | Power Snatch
Breaking the Two-Hour Marathon Barrier NY Times
What Should I Eat Before an Open Workout? BarBend