Farmers Carry: 100m x 5 Trips. Go Heavy
Push-Up or HSPS Capacity Test: Warm-Up and go for a max effort set.
Sled Push: 50m x6
Upcoming Programmings Notes:
Back off/Transition Week: 4/6-4/12
New Cycle Starts: 4/13
- Monday: Bench Press + WOD
- Wednesday: Snatch + Back Squat
- Thursday: WOD gymnastics based
- Saturday: Clean & Jerk + FSQ
- Sunday: Deadlift (Fitness) or Power Snatch (Performance) + WOD
Joey B doing beach handstands in South Africa
"There is a funny story behind the one from Boulder Bay. My fiancé was trying get to the other side of the beach to take pics of the penguins, and once she got me doing this, she ran over to the other side of the beach. However, four French people saw me doing this and came over, and started trying to do these handstands. Other people noticed, and by the end, there were ten of us, none of whom spoke the same language, all doing handstands on the beach in South Africa. It truly was a trip of a life time, but I did not work out at all while there, and all I did was eat and drink, and Im excited to be back."
Time to Sign Up for the Vegetable CSA!
- Cost: $650 (pay by check) or $670 (by PayPal). Members pay once for the entire season.
- Sign Up: To pay by check, download the Member Agreement, fill it out, and mail it to the Farm with your check. To pay via PayPal, download the Member Agreement, fill it out, mail it to the Farm, and pay via the link on the Farm's site to PayPal.
- Pick Up: Veggie CSA boxes are delivered every Wednesday; the pick up window is 6-8:30 PM.
- Don't want a whole share? Many members decide to split a share with someone. If you need to find a buddy, post to the gym blog and email Michele for help: mignyc at gmail dot com.
Sign up for a Free Fish Cooking Class!
Interested in cooking (and eating!) more fish? Come to this fish cookery class to learn some basic techniques - and make a nice dinner!
Village Fishmonger, our new Fish CSA partner, has agreed to co-lead the class (and provide the yummy fish) along with our own Michele K.
The class includes hands-on cooking of several dishes, plus a fish butchery demo, recipes, equipment recommendations, and more. Dinner will follow.
When: Sunday, April 13, 2-5 PM
Where: at Coach Whitney's house in the South Slope
Who: Up to 5 gym members
To sign up: email mignyc at gmail dot com.
Space is limited, so sign up now!