Skills Class: The Kipping Pull-Up
Noah's Kipping Pull-up workshop will be Sunday, August 5th at 5pm
Kipping pull-up require a significant amount of integrity in the shoulder girdle and as such this class requires a buy in of 1+ Strict Pull-Up (women) or 3 Strict Pull-Ups (men). The class will be a $15 drop-in and space is limited to 8 participants. Email Noah(AT)crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to sign up, make sure to mention your max number of dead hang pull-up and issues you've had learning/perfecting the kip so he can better prepare to get you swinging smoothly.
Skills Class: The Muscle Up
If you've been coming to the gym a lot, I bet you've noticed those round things hanging from the ceiling. Aside from making very mediocre frisbees, the rings can be used for one of the most coveted and elusive Crossfit movements- The Muscle Up. Combining all of the hardest parts of a pullup, a ring dip, and a barroom headbutt, the Muscle Up is a skill that can take a long time to learn on your own, but with careful practice and coaching can realistically be achieved in a fairly short time period. Our own Coach Noah, born to the unholy union of a chain smoking Russian gymnastics coach and his lovely Chimpanzee bride Jenny Bananas, will be running a Skills Class devoted to learning, practicing, and developing the Muscle Up on Sunday, August 12th at 5:00 PM. Space is limited to 8 participants, and those interested should sign Email Noah(AT)crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to sign up. There is a $15 fee for the class and a strict buy in of 3 Unbroken Chest To Bar Pullups and 3 Ring Dips.
2 Slots Left For the CFSBK Gymnastics Series
Join guest Gymnastics Coach Ken H as he takes you through 4 weeks of basic gymnastics tumbling. The movements will build on themselves and get progressively more difficult. The basic gymnastics class will help students understand how to control their bodies through different movements, and being up-side-down. The class is broken up into 4 distinct sections: Warm-up, Strength, Stretching, Gymnastics. Space is limited so sign up now! Please email hallerk(at)gmail(dot)com for more information.
Basic Gymnastics Tumbling Class Dates and Times:
Sundays from 2pm - 3pm
8/5, 8/12, 8/19, 8/26
$60 for 4 Weeks
Rest Day Trivia!
1. The average man, woman, and child in this country drinks an average of how many Coca-Cola soft drink products per year? Closer to 3, 30, 130, or 300?
2. Considered the social and academic equivalent of the Ivy League colleges, the Seven Sisters Colleges, set up in 1915, were among the pioneers in higher education for women in the United States. Four of these colleges are Mount Holyoke, Barnard, Bryn Mawr. Which are the remaining 3?
3. One of the great comebacks of the 1990's belongs to a tennis star who returned to the sport two years after being stabbed by a tennis fan. Who is she?
4. How many numbers between 0 and 100 are divisible by both 6 and 8?
5. What is the only mammal that can fly?
As always, no researching for answers!
Makes People Better CrossFit
38 Essential NY Restaurants NY Eater
Greg Glassman on Helping Affiliates