8 Intervals of a 250m Row.
Rest at least 2x what each sprint takes you. Try to stay consistent for all 8 repeats, don't blow up the first interval and lose your lunch by round 5
Post time to comments.
compare to 11.26.11 or 9.26.11 or 7.14.11
Thus Ends Mobility WOD
Kelly Starrett has completed his 365 Day Mobility Project! Looks like a new site with better searchability and some more features is on the way. Below are the most important lessons K Star has learned while doing the MWOD.
- Athletes need to be treated like athletes. Tubes of foam are for children. Mobilization tools for athletes need to be legit.
- We’ve got to keep mobilization within the context and language of the movement we are trying to change.
- Humans are hard to kill. We have enormous capacity to heal and change. Anywhere, anytime, anyplace. We can probably fix about 80% of our business ourselves.
- There are no days off. Fifteen minutes a day is more than enough time to deal with your crap. But you need to do it everyday.
- Programming to the movements of the day drives the relationship between cause and effect for athletes. Daily, topical, specific mobility interventions allow for dynamic programming for large groups and meaningful use of time. Test and retest progress and position.
- Prioritize Motor Control through well performed movement first. Then mobilize second. Much of the pain and dysfunction with which athletes deal is a result of crappy movement.
- Never go in the pain cave. Leopards don’t live in caves. Pony up.
- Performance is the only metric that really matters, because good mechanics and technique is never a compromise .
- You should never sit down. Ever. Don’t you even think it.
- People are clever, smart, and greedy. Empowering athletes to deal with own crap before it becomes critical is the way of the future. And they can do it. Tying changes in behavior to ego (everyone likes going faster, being stronger, and hurting less) always works.
- We have so much untapped potential.
Do you have a favorite Mobilization or lesson you've learned from MWOD?
Bob Harper from America's Biggest Loser talks CrossFit
Info Graph: Carbs are Killing You